January 18 – 21, 2013
Park City & Salt Lake City, UT
Highlight digital media technologies in front of entertainment companies Disney, & more!
Learn how you can partner with Utah’s
burgeoning digital media industry!
At the beginning of the Sundance Film Festival (January 18 – 21, 2013), the Consulate General of Canada in Denver is heading to Park City and Salt Lake City, Utah, to highlight Canada’s digital media and gaming technologies.
During SFF13, Sundance Institute (www.sundance.org)—an internationally recognized resource for thousands of independent film, theatre and music artists—will also host the seventh New Frontier, celebrating the convergence of film, art and new media technologies as a hotbed for cinematic innovation. The exhibition will take place during one of the entertainment industries largest events worldwide. In 2012, National Film Board of Canada showcased its interactive technology through Bear 71—an official Sundance selected exhibit at New Frontier (http://www.sundance.org/festival/film-events/new-frontier/).
The Consulate General of Canada in Denver will also partner with the State of Utah’s Office of Economic Development and the Utah Science Technology and Research initiative, known as USTAR (http://www.innovationutah.com), to ensure your technology is highlighted in front of Utah’s burgeoning digital media industry. USTAR has created a number of research teams at the University of Utah and Utah State University. Spearheading these teams are world-class innovators hungry to collaborate with industry—including Canada—to develop and commercialize new technologies.
Join us to highlight Canadian digital media technologies and your company to take advantage of the following:
- One-on-One Meetings with senior-level executives from international and Utah-based entertainment and digital media enterprises.
- Access to Canada’s free on-site meeting space during the event.
- Access to official Sundance networking receptions and events.
- Private Briefings with the Utah’s Office of Economic Development, USTAR and the University of Utah.
- Industry Roundtable (January 18, 2013) The Business of Convergence: Transmedia in the Changing World of Film, Games and Apps. Partners will include University of Utah, Utah Office of Economic Development and Utah Science Technology and Research (USTAR). Craig Caldwell, Professor at University of Utah and USTAR (Utah Science Technology and Research) in the Digital Media Cluster Film Studies, will moderate. Panel participants include Neishaw Ali, President/Executive Producer/Partner of SPINVFX, the Canadian producers of the "Indie Games" film, and two Salt Lake City-based companies. Audience primarily comprised of prominent industry, government and academic leaders from Utah, and potentially some international entertainment contacts attending Sundance in Park City.
- Networking Reception (4-6 p.m.) on January 18, 2013 in Salt Lake City, at Leonardo Museum in Salt Lake City.
- Name recognition and backgrounders in all of the Consulate General of Canada’s informational and marketing materials associated with this event.
Don’t delay your involvement!
Consulate General of Canada in Denver
Mobile: (303) 506-2925