YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND A BC FILM WORKSHOP ON FILM TAX INCENTIVES AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
HOSTED BY:VANCOUVER ISLAND NORTH FILM AND GREATER VICTORIA FILM COMMISSIONS
SPEAKER: Lodi Butler, Director of Development Initiatives at British Columbia Film, will review the programs available which support the growth of a sustainable domestic film, television and digital media industry.
- Project Development Fund / Passports to Markets Fund(s)
- Professional Internships Program / Scholarship Program
- Digital Readiness Program
- Option Fund and Multi Platform Explorations Fund
SPEAKER: Robert Wong, Director of Tax Credit Programs, will de-mystify the film and television tax credit program. He will review the requirements of the program, discuss current developments and show you how to avoid common mistakes that may delay or even jeopardize your tax credit claim.
- BC Film and Media – what they do
- FIBC AND PSTC – the two streams of tax incentives
- Definitions – BC based individual, BC Producer, BC controlled
- Regional and Distant Tax Incentives – maps and calculations
- Digital Animation and Visual Effects calculation – what does primarily digital mean
- Application basics – what is considered a complete application?
- Role of CRA and SBR
LOCATION: Courtenay Recreation Native Sons Hall, 360 Cliffe Ave, Courtenay BC
TIME AND DATE: Monday, March 16th – 10:30 am to 2:30 pm (1/2 hour break at noon)
Call INfilm at 250-287-8972 or email email@example.com to register for this FREE workshop.